It means somebody that is proud, and pretty arrogant and remains lofty. Learn more at Sentencehouse
- There is absolutely no reason for you to be haughty, or you end up doing is projecting yourself as someone that does not have a sense of security in herself.
- Students have mentioned that our math teacher is pretty haughty and considered herself to be extremely intelligent beyond par.
- It is only when the shareholders got to know about the haughty nature of a failed CEO that they took him to task.
- Everybody likes a person that is not at all haughty, and is more down to earth.
- The haughty attitude amongst people is not only unbecoming, but it also leads to a lot of ugly confrontations.
- Jenny has a very haughty appearance, but in front of her psychologist, she unwinds herself to reveal that she has a sensitive side as well.
- With a lot of being said about carrying around an appearance, understanding the psychiatric evaluation of haughty patient is something of a task most psychologists.